GW has created undergraduate scholarships to encourage students to study abroad. These scholarships range from encouraging students to conduct volunteer work or research abroad, studying at university exchange partner institutions, or to blog about their experience abroad. GW also established scholarships to help students currently utilizing the Federal work-study supplement the income forfeited during a semester abroad. Each scholarship is highlighted below.
- GW Blog Abroad Scholarship
- GW Commitment to Community Scholarship
- GW Exchange Program Scholarship
- GW Global Identities Scholarship
- GW Supplemental Scholarship
All of these scholarships are given on a semesterly basis and are competitive.