Belize: Short Term Abroad Info Session - Summer 2017
Belize is a nation on the eastern coast of Central America, with Caribbean Sea shorelines to the east and dense jungle to the west. Offshore, the massive Belize Barrier Reef, dotted with hundreds of low-lying islands called cayes, hosts rich marine life. Belize’s jungle areas are home to Mayan ruins like Caracol, renowned for its towering pyramid; lagoon-side Lamanai; and Altun Ha, just outside Belize City. For more information, stop by the information session to chat with Dr. Cheers about the course itinerary, site visits and syllabus.
- Participate in, understand and advance the global conversation on climate change, ocean/marine conservation and coastal erosion.
- Discover and embrace the Garifuna and Mayan cultures in southern Belize.
- Navigate researching, reporting and traveling internationally to Belize.
- Hone digital storytelling and production skills.
- Improve researching, pitching and reporting skills on climate change, ocean/marine conservation and coastal erosion.
- Ro explore the historical and contemporary importance of Garifuna/Mayan culture and heritage in Belize.