|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||GW applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||3||Language(s) of Instruction:||English, French|
|Housing Options:||Apartment, Independent||Other Eligibility Requirements:||2 years university-level study prior to enrollment, Significant academic coursework in the proposed field(s) of study|
|Host Institution:||Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris||Class Status:||Undergraduate|
|Open to non-GW students:||No||Study Abroad Office Advisor:||Christina Hyde|
|Level of Immersion:||Fully Integrated, Partially Integrated||Program Sponsor:||GW Study Program|
|Minimum Language Requirement:||None||Program Tier Fee:||Tier 4, Tier 6|
Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po)
Is this the program for me?
- Students who wish to enroll at Sciences Po do not need to have previously studied French, but it is highly recommended.
- Famous for its concentration in the social sciences, Sciences Po is a good choice for students studying international affairs, history, political science or economics.
- Students attend classes in the Saint Germain district on the city's Left Bank, the heart of Parisian intellectual and literary life.
- Students can choose to study in Paris or at one of the 6 Regional Campuses of Sciences Po in Dijon, Le Havre, Menton, Nancy, Poitiers, and Reims. See the Regional Campuses link below.
- Enrollment is available for the fall semester, academic year, or spring semester.
Learn more about student life at Sciences Po here.
- Students are immersed in the French university system and study alongside other international and French students at Sciences Po.
- The elite Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris has educated many political and business leaders of France and Europe. Students studying at Sciences Po network with top students from around Europe and the world.
- GW has an exchange agreement with the Sciences Po that brings students from Paris to the GW campus for a year of study. GW students have the opportunity to meet and study with undergraduates from Sciences Po in Washington prior to studying abroad.
- Students who study for the year and complete the full International Program will be awarded an International Program Diploma by Sciences Po. Those students who earn the Diploma may be considered for acceptance into a Sciences Po's master's program upon completion of their undergraduate degree at GW.
Fall Welcome Program: Late August
Academic Year: September - May
Fall Semester: September - December
Spring Welcome Program: early January
Spring Semester: January - May
See the 2012-2013 Sciences Po Calendar here. The 2013-14 calendar will be available soon. Please note: Spring students arrive prior to the start of the Sciences Po semester for a GW Paris on-site orientation.
DeadlinesAcademic Year 2013-2014: March 15, 2013
Fall 2013: March 15, 2013
Learn more about:
If you study abroad with Sciences Po for the Fall Semester, you are eligible to receive an automatic $1500 tuition award if you join the Focus on Fall Abroad Community!